Hands on time:
Tuna salad is a classic comfort food. Simple, tasty, and healthy. The whole family will love this real bread keto tuna salad sandwich recipe.
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- In a medium bowl, combine all your ingredients. Blend well.
- Serve immediately or cover and let chill until ready to use.
I've said it once and i'll say it again, tuna salad is one of my OG comfort foods.
Growing up, I remember my mom and grandpa making tuna sandwiches all the time. It's a simple food that bring so much happiness in every bite. And now that my grandpa has passed away it brings me good memories of him and I eating them.
Before you run off and make this recipe I want to give you some simple alternatives to have this recipe exactly how you want it. Ready?
How do I make a Keto Tuna Melt Sandwich?
Tuna melts are super easy and require only a few extra steps. This is how I make my quick and easy keto tuna melt sandwich.
- Make tuna salad per instructions.
- Add a slice of cheddar cheese to one slice of bread and your tuna salad to the other.
- Toast in a toaster oven until cheese is melted. Once melted plate and combine the two halves.
- (IF) you don't have a toaster oven, place butter in a pan and pan "toast" your bread. Just like you're making a grilled cheese sandwich! Once both slices are golden add cheese to one slice and tuna to the other. Combine and serve.
How do I make a Keto Vegan Tuna Sandwich?
Vegan tuna salad is really easy too. Here's how:
- Make tuna salad per instructions. Only difference is all the ingredients will be vegan friendly versions.
- The vegan tuna: The only thing you might really have to make from scratch is the vegan tuna:
- 1 - 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Mash with. a fork or blend until there are small pieces.
- Mix, serve and enjoy.
- Make it a keto vegan tuna melt by adding vegan cheese and follow the instructions above.
Yes, the chickpeas will heightened the carb level of your vegan keto tuna sandwich, but that is typical with vegan keto.
How do I make a Premium Tuna Sandwich?
Tuna salad is really fun a easy to "dress up." Here's my all time favorites.
- Add 2 slices of cooked bacon in your sandwich.
- Add thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Add 2 large lettuce leaves.
- When making a tuna melt, add at least two different types of cheeses.
- Mix into the tuna salad, finely slices celery and red onion.
- Use 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Use large lettuce leaves or keto wraps instead of keto bread.
- Use this tuna salad recipe as a dip for your next party. Buy keto crackers or cheese chips.
I hope all these awesome alternatives help you to make the best keto tuna salad recipe!
Keto items mentioned to make tuna salad
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.