Hands on time:
The perfect recipe to start off the Fall season . A creamy and warm turkey soup. A beautiful blend of mushrooms, cream, and fresh herbs make this soup the perfect choice to start off this chilly time of year.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. red onion, diced small
- 1 large stalk celery, diced small
- 1. c. white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
- 6 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- 2 c. Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft. 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms start to release their juices. 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the heavy cream to the skillet. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with remaining cheese and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Who else thinks this turkey soup sounds so good?
The turkey during this time of the year gives us that small hint of Thanksgiving, while all the seasonings and tasty vegetables allow us to enjoy a healthy and delicious dinner.
You can bag and freeze this soup recipe as well for easy warm up and eat meals. It's also grate for lunch the next day. The flavor get to sit overnight creating an even more flavorful soup.
I also want to mention that you can use any ground up meat for this recipe. All the flavors mix together so well with all combinations I've tried so far, but each different type of meat gives this recipes it's own unique kick. I love recipes that are diverse!
One of my other favorite things...
If you enjoy recipes with rice bits in it you'll be happy with the frozen riced cauliflower. It offers that small rice feel and texture. It just wraps this turkey soup up so nicely.
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.