Hands on time:
Super easy keto deviled eggs recipe.
Perfect for parties, weekend brunches, or days when you want to feel like a fancy "got-your-whole-life-together" mom or the year.
Make this dish in 45 minutes or less!
- A dozen (12) hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar-free mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar (apple-cider vinegar is my favorite)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chives - finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- In a small mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix well with an electric whisk, immersion blender, or large fork. (which ever tool you have on hand). Taste and adjust to your preference.
- After well mixed, add half of the filling to the bottom of a separate medium mixing bowl. Set aside for the next step.
- Shell all your hard boiled eggs. Then cut each egg in half length wise. Use a spoon to scoop out the yolks into the mixing bowl you previously set aside (from step 2). Place the white part of the eggs on a serving tray. Let sit.
- Now add the rest of the mixed filling to the top of the egg yolks. My method allows for an extra smooth and creamy filling. Yum!
- Use your available blending tool to combine everything. An electric tool makes this step easier, but a fork works as well. Blend until completely smooth.
- Now it's plating time. Using a small ice cream scoop, melon baller, spoon, or piping bag fill the inside of you sliced egg whites. Sprinkle with chopped chives and paprika. Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until it's party time!
Connect with uS Now!
Keto Products Used:
Can I make deviled eggs without mayonnaise?
Yes! Substituting the mayonnaise in keto deviled eggs is super easy and makes for many interesting flavors. Use equal amounts of plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise. Or go crazy and use a large avocado. A super fun twist for making "green eggs and ham."
Can I make deviled eggs without vinegar?
Yes! Substituting the vinegar in keto deviled eggs is super easy. Use equal amounts of lemon juice in place of the vinegar. Also the type of vinegar you use makes all the difference. My favorite is apple cider vinegar. I like the tang that it adds. You can also use red-wine vinegar, white-wine vinegar, or plain distilled vinegar.
If you don't have vinegar or lemon juice you can even use pickle juice. OMG, i love sweet pickles, so I'd start there.
Can I add hot sauce or spice to deviled eggs?
Of course you can add hot sauce to keto deviled eggs. Use your favorite liquid hot sauce like Tapatio, Sriracha, Tabasco, jalapeno, etc. Or you can use a powder like chili, cayenne, cajun, etc.
Add your preferred amount. I would start with less. Remember it's easier to add more than to take away.
What other seasonings can I add to deviled eggs?
You can add just about every seasoning you can think of the make your perfect version of keto deviled eggs. Go Indian with curry powder. Introduce and Italian twist with an Italian seasoning blend. Use steak seasoning mix, pick any of the Ms. Dash blends, go with an everything bagel blend.
Seriously you can use any of your favorite pre-made spice blends to personalize your keto deviled eggs. I love how simple it is to mix up with this recipe. Basically anything goes here.
Start with my basic recipe and go from there!
What other filling can I add to deviled eggs?
Keep going with your imagination. Add Worcestershire sauce, jalapeños, cappers, or chopped fresh herbs like rosemary.
You can even add cheese! Any cheese in shredded form or crumbled cheese like gouda or blue cheese.
I know people who love to add pickle juice or vinegar to their deviled eggs.
When adding a liquid I caution you to start with less. If too much is added at a time the mixture could become too watery.
What toppings can I add to keto deviled eggs?
To me it's the toppings that make deviled eggs look super fancy. So to me the more toppings you add the fancier the platter. When adding toppings play with colors and textures.
Go with freshly cooked bacon chopped in little bits.
Sprinkle on a few cappers, turmeric powder, freshly chopped herbs.
You can even add a dash more of whatever seasonings you added to the egg yolk mixture.
How do I make my deviled eggs smooth?
The smoother the filling the better the end product.
An electric blender works best. Whether it's a stand mixer, immersion blender, or electric hand blender.
Make sure to layer the fillings as I mention in the directions. Allowing for an easier blend throughout.
It's always fine to add a bit more mayo (or your substitute) as needed.
When is the best time to make keto deviled eggs?
Make this platter right before serving. If that's not possible then make it, cover it, and place it in the fridge.
Deviled eggs make one of the best platters for any celebration because they are so easy. You can make a whole bunch in less than one hour!
A popular dish for Easter, Christmas, Sunday brunch, Halloween, birthdays, and more!
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
*Nutritional information may vary. Connect with Easy Keto Menus on happyforks.com to get in-depth information on recipe profiles, vitamins, fats and more!*
*Nutrition Facts are for the original recipe. *
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.