Hands on time:
8 hours 15 minutes
Make this incredibly easy keto mascarpone cheese recipe right now and impress your family with your awesome skills later!
When you find mascarpone cheese in the store it's normally very expensive for such a little container. Which made me think this cheese is hard to make, but to my surprise it's actually really easy to make and keto friendly.
Right now you're going to learn how to make this incredible cheese - Easy Keto Menus style!
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- Fold cheesecloth into 2 layers and place inside of a strainer. Place the lined strainer into another bowl.
- Pour heavy whipping cream in a small pot and bring to a simmer on medium heat. 5 minutes.
- Once cream begins to boil (190 F) add in 2 tsp of lemon juice. Whisk until the cream thickens. 10 minutes.
- Cover the pot and take cream off the heat. Let sit for a few minutes then place the cream back on the heat until it reaches 190 F again.
- Cover pot and take off the heat once again. This time let it sit for 20 minutes or until it cools completely.
- Once cooled, poor cream into your strainer station, cover with any extra cheesecloth (or plastic wrap) and place in the refrigerator to strain for at least 8 hours.
- 8 hours later, scrape mascarpone cheese into a jar (with a lid). I like to use the strained liquid as a creamer in coffee or chai.
With a little bit of time, mascarpone cheese is easy to make. There is only about 20 minutes of hands on work. The rest of the time the cheese takes care of itself-the perfect beginner cheese recipe!
Mascarpone cheese is also versatile! It can be used as a spread on bagels, in between lasagna layers, as a dessert dip with fruits, and even as a dollop on top of pie! The light sweetness from the lemon juice and heavy whipping cream combination makes for the perfect combination.
It keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 weeks in the freezer. If you freeze your cheese thaw overnight in the fridge and stir before using.
What are you excited to make with your easy and keto mascarpone cheese?
Keto Products Used:
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.