Hands on time:
Delicious, easy, and, keto! You'll want to make this amazing corned beef and cabbage for your next family dinner.
Easy Keto Menus corned beef and cabbage recipe is so simple. It's actually my mom's recipe from us growing up (it just so happens to be low carb friendly!)
The whole family will definitely enjoy this comfort dinner any day of the year.
- 3-4 pounds packaged corned beef brisket (thawed)
- 5 large carrots
- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 small cabbage head
- 3 cups water
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- Slow cooker
- Measuring cup
- Medium chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Clean all vegetables. Cut carrots into large pieces. About 1" - 1 1/2" each. Cut potatoes in half. Cut cabbage into sections. 4 cuts horizontal and 4 cut vertical.
- Place slow cooker on the counter top. Add 3 cups of water. Add cut carrots and potatoes.
- Take beef brisket out of the package and add to slow cooker. Place on top of vegetables. Sprinkle the included seasoning packet over the brisket.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When the timer buzzes place the chipped cabbage on top of the brisket. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 more hour.
- By this point the brisket and vegetables should be nice and tender. You should able practically cut the brisket with a regular fork. Yay!
- We like to plate our food straight from the slow cooker and eat with mustard.
Notes: low carb, OMAD, or any of these keto categories can eat the potatoes and carrots without worry. Strict keto stick to the cabbage and corned beef.
Eat with a side of riced cauliflower, pan fried asparagus, or any of your favorite sides.
Can I cook this brisket while it's frozen?
Yes, you can cook this brisket from frozen. No need to thaw before making!
I learned this because I forgot to thaw my brisket out. So on the morning of this past St. Patricks day (2021) I figured I'd do some testing and make it anyways so I did.
Follow the instructions as listed above, but don't add the potatoes and carrots and in beginning. Let the frozen brisket cook. When the timer goes off add all the vegetables at the same time and cook on HIGH for 2 more hours (instead of one).
Keto Corned Beef Brisket
Ever seen I could remember my mom would make corned beef and cabbage for St. Patricks day.... actually any day of the year.
I mean who could blame her. Corned beef and cabbage tastes so good and is easy to make! The vegetables make an easy side without any extra effort. A win all around.
Corned beef and cabbage in itself is naturally keto. The carrots and potatoes are approved for low carb. I highly suggest you choose organic and local grown vegetables. The fresh vegetables provide a higher nutrient density and you're supporting a local family business.
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
Without potatoes and carrots
*Nutritional information may vary. Connect with Easy Keto Menus on happyforks.com to get in-depth information on recipe profiles, vitamins, fats and more!*
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.