Hands on time:
This delicious loaded avocado looks as good as it tastes. Eat it for breakfast, lunch, or as a side replacement to the carb heavy baked potato.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 4 medium eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
- 3 strips sugar-free bacon
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- Preheat oven to 350° F. On medium-high heat, cook bacon, to your liking, in a small frying pan. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to carefully remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit. Creating more space for the toppings. Position halves over the holes of a muffin tin.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves. Repeat until all avocados have an egg. Season each with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. Or until the eggs are cooked according to your liking. Crumble cooled bacon, so that it can be easily sprinkled.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheddar jack cheese and crispy bacon pieces. Garnish with chives or sliced green onions, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
With a little bit of hands-on time, these loaded avocados make a great breakfast, snack, lunch, or dinner side.
The neutral taste of avocado makes it the perfect "loaded potato" replacement. Any topping can be added to an avocado with ease. The only thing that may take some adjustment is the avocado texture.
Avocado is more creamy than potato, so that has surprised some people. Personally I love loaded avocado, so I never had a problem. I've always loved a good loaded avocado with a tasty steak. The flavors pair perfectly. 🤤
Helpful hints to making loaded avocado
1. The size
To avoid egg overflow make sure to get avocados that are bigger than your eggs.
2. Muffin tin explained
The first time I made this recipe I used a regular baking sheet. Thinking nothing about it, I stuck the avocados in to bake. When they were finished I found that some of the avocados had tilted causes my eggs to fall our everywhere. The muffin tin helps to keep the avocados sitting up correctly. No more mess!
3. Baking Bacon
If you want to bake the bacon instead of cooking it...
Slice raw bacon into 1/2" pieces and sprinkle it on top of the egg right before putting it in the oven. The bacon oil will infuse while baking. for the ultimate bacon experience. I must warn you to line your muffin tin with foil first. You'll thank me when you're washing dishes.
4. Keto Loaded Baked Potato
After baking, garnish avocado halves with all your favorite baked potato toppings. Popular choices include sour cream, chives, green onions, and garlic butter. They are all keto!
There you go. Now you have an incredibly delicious and easy keto loaded avocado recipe to add to your list of favorite recipes!
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.