Perfectly Boiled Eggs
Hands on time:
We're are going back to basics with this perfectly boiled egg recipe. Boiled eggs make an easy keto breakfast, quick lunch, and simple snack.
- 2 eggs
- Seasonings to taste - salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc
- Place eggs in a medium pot. Fill with water to cover eggs plus a little extra. Bring water to a rolling boil with high heat and cover on.
- Boil eggs to preference. See preference levels below.
- While eggs are boiling fill a bowl with a handful of ice and cold water. Once time is up transfer eggs to this bowl. Leave until cool enough to handle. About 8 minutes.
- When you are ready to enjoy peel each egg and sprinkle with seasonings.
Preference levels for boiled eggs.
- 4 minutes for soft boiled
- 7 minutes for runny hard boiled
- 9 minutes for perfect hard boiled
Note: Timer for eggs starts when water is boiling. Add about 1 minute between each level to achieve your perfect basic boiled egg.
Boil a bunch of eggs and after they cool put them back into a labeled egg container for quick on-the-go eggs whenever you need them.
Seasonings are optional and therefore not calculated in the nutrition facts.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you select a link to buy you are not charged extra [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
*Nutritional facts are calculated from Happyforks.com. Nutritional information may vary. Connect with Easy Keto Menus on happyforks.com to get in-depth information on recipe profiles, vitamins, fats and more!*
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.