Hands on time:
Juicy, tender, and a family favorite. The perfect pot roast dinner is here for the entire family to enjoy! Create a special Sunday dinner for your family now.
- 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 c. beef broth
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
Kitchen Gadgets Needed
- Large Dutch Oven
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Serving Platter
- Combined garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cocoa powder, salt, and black pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Rub mixture all over the surface of the chuck roast. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Once warm, add the seasoned chuck roast. Flip every 3-4 minutes to brown all sides.
- Once browned, remove the roast from the Dutch oven and transfer to a plate. Set aside. Add the remaining oil and the Portobello mushrooms to the pot and sauté. Stir occasionally. Approximately 4-5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and add the bay leaves. Return the chuck roast to the Dutch oven and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 3½ hours, or until the meat is fall apart tender.
- Remove from heat. Discard the bay leaves. Transfer the roast to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Bring the remaining liquid in the pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Once liquid starts to rapidly boil, reduce the temperature down to medium until the sauce thickens a bit about 10 -15 minutes. Stir occasionally so liquid doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Serve. Spoon some of the pan sauce over the roast. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and pair with creamy mashed cauliflower or roasted radishes. Enjoy!
Did someones say, "Fancy family dinner?" I hope so! Because that's what this meal is meant to be.
We try to make each meal special, but with busy weekdays a special 4 hour dinner is not common in our household. Instead we choose a free weekend to make something a bit more on the extravagant side, like this pot roast.
make it ahead of time to allow for maximum simmer time. This allows the roast to reall get nice and tender. Boiling down the remaining liquid is a great way to add a nice juicy touch that I feel like some pot roast recipes lack.
Slow and steady wins this race!
Whip up an awesome keto side dish to perfectly complement this incredibly tasty family dinner.
Easy Keto Menus may use affiliate links to support products sold by others, but we always offer genuine suggestions. You are not charged extra for affiliate links [sometimes you get discounts!] We get to make some extra money to put back into content. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support! 🙂
Sign up to get Easy Keto emails!
Be the first to get the latest low carb recipes. YUM!
Made this recipe? YUM!
Share your picture on Instagram. Tag @easyketomenus or use #easyketomenus. We just might share your picture!
- This program has been created for real people who want to eat real food that tastes great and melts fat fast.